Sustainability at GBM
GBM Limited is a manufacturer of Glass Reinforced Plastic Composites by hand lay-up, spray-up and resin injection processes, to customer specifications, based at Tongland, Kirkcudbright, Dumfries and Galloway and established for over 25 years.
The company’s objective is to satisfy customer requirements whilst ensuring, all applicable, statutory and regulatory legislation is met.
GBM Limited is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to GBM Limited business activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and suppliers to do the same.
- Reuse or recycle waste
- Ensure our buildings are as energy efficient as is practically possible
- Avoid unnecessary travel to meetings and elsewhere
- Record our travel emissions to monitor our impact
- Purchase energy efficient equipment wherever possible
- Support the local community and/or environmental organisations
- As far as possible arrange for the recycling or reuse of redundant equipment
- Use local suppliers where possible
- Actively encourage the participation of our staff in suggesting other ways to improve our sustainability
Senior management is committed to continually review and improve the Sustainability Policy, and ensure that the Policy and objectives are communicated to all levels within the company.
We also recognise the important role staff and others working on our behalf have in achieving this policy. They will be made aware of their responsibilities and appropriate support, including training will be provided where required.
The involvement and commitment of GBM Limited Senior Management will ensure that adequate resources and information are available to maintain the objectives set out in this policy.
On behalf of GBM Limited